The Volkswagen GTI is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. It may look like your regular sedan body, but it also has some features that make it stand out further from other models in the VW range. Here’s a list of 10 things that are great about the VW Jetta GTI.
1. A GTI engine. The turbocharged 2.0 liter engine pushes hard right from the moment you hit the throttle, making the GTI hit 60mph in just 6.8 seconds.
2. Dual zone climate control on the Autobahn model. While the standard GTI has air conditioning, move up to the GTI Autobahn and you get dual zone climate control to keep both driver and front seat passenger in their temperature comfort zones.
3. Sirius radio with three month subscription. Get three months of free satellite radio, with virtually no advertisements to get in the way of news, music, talk, and sports radio.
4. Heated front seats. Comfortably sit out the winter on heated seats, with three different levels for maximum usability.
5. A brakepad-wear indicator on the instrument cluster lets you know ahead of time when you need to get your car serviced for an integral repair.
6. Soft touch dashboard. The GTI has a special soft touch dashboard. This goes a long way to making the GTI feel like a premium product.
7. Two-door and four-door body styles are offered, letting the vehicle adapt to your lifestyle.
8. Daytime running lights. These are separate from the standard headlights and are turned on during the day, making you much more visible to other road users, many of whom may not have the best sight in the world.
9. Heated side mirrors. During winter, the last thing you need is a lack of rear vision because your door mirrors are iced up. The heated door mirrors ensure that you rearward vision is cleared as soon as possible.